The Championship shall consist of 54 holes of stroke play. The maximum handicap index for this competition will be 40.4.
The Tournament Committee will determine the number of competitors vying for the Championship and all other flights based on the size and composition of the field.
The tournament is open to senior women amateur golfers (age 50 and older) who have a USGA Handicap Index of 40.4 or lower and are AWGA members in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the first day of the tournament
Exmptions will be allowed based on the current Conditions of Competition.
Age Limit: min: 50 Index Limit: max: 40.4
The committee will review the actual handicap of the full list of entrants as of the closing date for entries and select a Handicap Index threshold. Players whose Handicap Indexes are below the threshold will vie for the Championship. Anyone within 7 index points of the threshold may opt to vie for the title. Those players who have handicap indexes that are above the determined threshold will be flighted according to their handicap. Those players who are 70 years or older as of the first day of the Championship will be flighted in the Super Seniors (70 – 74 years old), Masters (75 - 79 years old), or Legends (80+ years old) flights.
The flights will be:
1. Championship Flight
2. Field Flights
3. Super Seniors (70 – 74 Years old)
4. Masters (75 - 79 Years old)
5. Legends (80+ Years old)
8:30 a.m. shotgun all three days.
The champion will be the low gross scorer. Additional gross and net prizes will also be awarded as well as additional perpetual prizes.
1) The Mo Cruikshank Memorial Trophy - team combined gross trophy for the Championship flight.
2) The Mary Lou Sauer Memorial Trophy - team combined net trophy for the field flights.
3) The Dr. Ann Pittman Memorial Trophy - team combined net trophy for the Super Seniors flight.
4) The Legends Championship Trophy - individual low gross scorer of the Masters and Legends Divisions combined.
5) The Legends Net Championship Trophy - individual low net scorer of the Masters and Legends Divisions combined.
At least two sets of tees will be used. Those players whose Handicap Indexes are below the threshold (i.e. the Championship Flight) will play all 54 holes from the longer set of tees. All other players will play from shorter tees.